Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Healthy Nutella Smoothie

I was craving some nutella pretty hardcore the other night and decided instead of just eating it by the spoonful, I figured would incoorporate it into one of my other favorite things....a smoothie!

Meet my trusty blender. This little guy is over 9 yrs old, has moved with me 3x and was only about $20-$30 at Walmart. There's a lot of starting and stopping and stirring, but he gets the job done. I'm not partial though. If he were to be replaced with a slightly higher end model (preferably green), I'd be one happy momma! CoughCoughMOTHER'SDAYCoughCough


Beyond knowing I wanted nutella in this smoothie, I really had no other ideas so I just randomly started throwing things in my blender and here's what I ended up with...
1 frozen banana
1/2 avocado
1 cup almond milk
2 Tb nutella - lick the spoon!
1 heaping Tb ground flax
2 Tb mini chocolate chips


Blend it all up and drink away!
Even though we're technically KSU fans, please note my nod to KU!
So awesome they're in the Final 4! Rock Chalk Jayhawk!


Although I do try very hard to keep the majority of food in our house safe for everyone, a girl needs her chocolate! Since the boys can't eat it anyway, Katie and I say nutella is just for girls! It's fun to have a special little treat that only the two of us share together.

6 comments:

momof4 said...

mmmm...sounds yummy. We may have to try some nutela in a smoothie too! Looks like Katie loved it!

Retired teacher said...

Boy that does sound good!! Chocolate and girls just go together perfectly! I want one too.

cheapcraftymama said...

That looks delish! I love Nutella!

A. Osterhout said...

When I saw KU (KSU is all that matters here)I almost didn't follow the link, but who can pass up Nutella?? Looks really yummy!
Amy @ http://yellowhouseon3rd.blogspot.com/

Jamie Kaufmann said...

Amen, sista! I add spinach and replace Nutella with Justin's Chocolate Almond Butter, MMMMMM!!! Never put actual chips in there, great idear! And do you taste the avocado or does it just make it creamy?

Theresa said...

You cannot taste the avocado at all. It just adds creaminess and healthy fat.