Monday, March 19, 2012

St Patrick's Day

Every year for as long as I can remember, a leprechaun visits our house the night before St. Patrick's Day and dyes our milk green.


This year, he made a little stop on his way out and forgot to flush!


He also left a few little goodies on the table for the kids.




A couple of months ago when I made mini baked donuts, I put a bunch in the freezer. I thought they'd be perfect to break out for breakfast, along with our soda bread, of course! I was excited to find some frosting that was safe for everyone. They had a great time decorating AND eating them!






Then we got dressed in our GREEN! Konnor had to be bribed with a donut to even semi-cooperate. Everyone failed to tell me that the more children you have, the stronger willed they are! :-)


The shirt Konny had on is the same one
Kelton wore St Patrick's Day 2006.


For dinner that night, we had shepherd's pie. I aways make more than enough to put at least one in the freezer for later!


That was just for the kids though. Eric and I went to dinner at the same Carlos O'Kelly's we ate at after our wedding 5 yrs ago. I remember people asked us if we were going to prom!! LOL
We definitely do not look that young anymore!


Finally today, I got around to making corned beef and cabbage. I did it in the slow cooker and it worked out great. Believe it or not, this was my first time making it, but I was super happy with how it came out. Kelton, Eric and I loved it.


Katie and Konnor had corn dog muffins since I didn't feel safe with the vague ingredients listed on the corned beef package. Plus I cooked it in beer, which contains gluten.


Only 363 more days until The Wearing of the Green 2013. My mom thinks we need to go to St Louis. I totally agree!

3 comments:

momof4 said...

Looks like tons of fun at your house! You're so good at celebrating the holidays. We skipped St. Patrick's Day this year. Maybe next year I'll get as creative as you!

Your corned beef and cabbage looks awesome.

laura mcpherson said...

You are so stinkin' creative!! We did nothing fun for Saint Patrick's Day ;( I felt like a bad mom. With it being on the weekend, we were busy with other stuff! Love your ideas and pics!!

Leandrea at Coupons Are Great said...

I want to be at your house for St. Patrick's Day. Totally love your wedding picture. Absolutely beautiful!