Sunday, April 15, 2012

Easter Weekend

Hallelujah, Risen Lord, the only One I fall before!


Because hand, foot and mouth disease was been present in our house for the previous week, we opted out of Easter service Sunday morning. As much as we would have loved to attend, I would feel horrible if by chance we started an outbreak in the nursery. Luckily, Eric and I were at least able to attend the passover service on Friday evening.

Since I feel compelled to make everything I see on pinterest, I made a couple little Easter banners while Konny rested after his ear tube procedure on Friday. Now I just have to find a way to store them so that the don't get too crumpled before next year.



Saturday we dyed eggs and then immediately, they wanted to eat them. Fine by me! A whole egg is sure a healthy snack! If I can pry that salt shaker out of Katie's hands, that is.








Since we stayed home Sunday, we hung out in our jammies much later than normal and just enjoyed the time together. The kids were pretty excited that the Easter bunny came.








After naps, Layla came over for some egg hunting. She and Kelton really enjoyed hiding eggs for Katie and Konnor. The weather was beautiful! We couldn't have asked for a better day!


2 comments:

Retired teacher said...

Dyeing eggs was always fun.... It's amazing how creative kids are! Looks like everyone enjoyed hiding and searching for eggs - bonus, they are yummy too. Glad all the kids are feeling better.

Jamie Kaufmann said...

Great stuff, sorry for the sickness. :( There's a reason I resist Pinterest...I would be obsessed and my project list would be even longer!!!